Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Excuse me while I go insane

Ahhhhh, what is it with the IVF clinics we go to? Both were chosen by Rabbis (not me)and both SUCK.

I've had over 20 tests in their "pre-IVF" screening, and that's not enough for them. I have no more body fluids to offer, sorry!

Then we have our IVF nurse Natalia who seems to have an exteme phone phobia. I call and call, and until I leave a ever-so slightly shouty voice message, ol'Nat won't get back to me. I also requested that this be an IVF cycle, rather than IUI as its more successful. Our insurance only covers up to $30,000 for infertility, and the clinic charges $15,000 per cycle, if its IUI or IVF, so lets go with what works.

$15,000 a cycle and they can't even return my calls? I'm going to loose my mind.

2 comments:

Rachel Inbar said...

OhMiGosh - $15K for an IUI cycle?!? What is that all about??? Crazy...

Maybe someone in the clinic has a cellphone you can call - or another phone that someone will actually answer? A non-responsive clinic is enough to drive anyone crazy!

Good luck!

Urban Ennui said...

ugh....so sorry. that sucks. Maybe go to another clinic? I hope things improve soon...best of luck to you.