Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A pulling out hair moment

Well, it would be if I had much under my sheital.

G-d willing we transfer tomorrow. However, when checking the procedure time with one of the nurses, I was informed that after transfer I'm off PIO injections and only take Prometrium.

Now most people would be happy being told to stop stabbing themselves with a needle 2x a day, but not me. My last cycle failed because for some reason my body refused to absorb Prometrium. Nobody can explain why, it just didn;t.

As much as I loathe the injections, I feel that they are a tried and tested way of delivering the hormone. Yes, there is research that says gel etc does just a good a job, but it simply doesn't work for me.

I hope the doc will see it my way and continue with the PIO. I don't want to argue with her, but the clinic seem adamant that it stops after transfer. We'll have to wait until the morning to find out.

3 comments:

Rachel Inbar said...

Weird that they care so much. I hope whatever you end up doing makes you feel safe.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

well i am rooting for you! pom poms and all!

Anonymous said...

i'll be thinking of you.